Monday, April 25, 2016

Post Without Pictures?

Well...almost.
The cabinets are in and actually have progressed from this point to now having the handles on all the doors and drawers. Counting the four interior cabinet slideouts, there will be 15 drawers in all. FIFTEEN. Holy cow!
My head is spinning and my patience is waning. This is the last week of April and we are due to close on May 31st. Can I stand it until then?
++++
Thursday and Friday we held a garage sale and got rid of an amazing amount of stuff.
Meat grinder, canning presser cooker, air compressor and hose, four crutches, a shelf unit, a box of wires and cables, hundreds of cds, books, dishes, 16 picture frames, and various pieces of junk. Not all of it was sold. A carload went to Goodwill and another carload went to the construction dumpster around the corner.
It is such a relief not to be moving this stuff, again. Now that I look at the kitchen cabinets, and pantry, it seems I have so little to put into the space. So....just for fun I ordered these dishes.
Maxwell & Williams Sprinkle Red Dot Dinnerware & Accessories: Sprinkle Red Straight Jug 57.5-oz.:  Tsk, tsk. Shame on me.

6 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job of downsizing/getting rid of stuff. I have been trying to do the same thing so that it will be easier when I move again. 15 drawers is fabulous! Seems like there are never enough drawers in the kitchen. Your red dishes are excellent! I bought red granite wear dishes a long time ago. Somehow thru raising a teenage boy three of the four plates went missing. Since they are metal of course they can't go in the microwave so they wouldn't be as useful anyway. How long do you have to wait to move in after closing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have bought the red/white polka dots even though I have no more shelf space .... my everyday dishes are Fiesta so anything goes. I love the white walls & kitchen. Good wishes for you closing on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we moved 2 years from PA to AZ I cleaned out the attic and gave it to a consignment store to sell for us. It felt so good not to have to deal with that....and now we get checks in the mail periodically. We had no time to put together a garage sale. I felt "lighter" not to have to drag all that stuff with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, but I always feel like such a slacker when I see how much you accomplish! Best wishes on your new home. I can't wait to see it finished and occupied. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the dishes! Oh yeah, and getting rid of stuff too. My kitchen is to TOO big! Deep cleaning....three days and counting, and I am not even half way through. ugh

    ReplyDelete