Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Nearing the Finish Line

It took a year but we are nearing the finish line on the living/dining room decorating. The new remote control ceiling fan was installed last week and yesterday the new dining room fixture arrived. 

Westmore Lighting Elysburg 3-Light Satin Nickel Chandelier
So much smaller and nicer than the ones the builder put in which have that dark bronze color. Not our style.
We had these cheapo ($8) floor lamps which I got just to bring some light into the dark corners, always thinking I would replace them with nicer ones when I could find them. But after several days of shopping online and in stores, we couldn't find the right fit for us, so I said, if they were bright red I would keep them. Dave said, no problem, he would paint them. Ha!
  
 And once he had the spray can in hand he updated the metal table and stool. Now we're talkin'!
Never did post the new dining room rug, again from Overstock.com. Plenty of red in the busy bargello pattern. Excellent for hiding drips and spots. 

There are lots of quilts and art on the walls and altho we still haven't painted, the beige paint doesn't seem as bothersome to me. Most amazingly, we actually gather in the living room for morning coffee, music and internet browsing, both of us with our laptops and the dogs between us on the sofa. So cozy. 
Now that the dogs have me trained to walk them in a timely manner, I have less issues with them making interior design mistakes. 
Taking a deep breath and enjoying the moment, my mind wanders to the garden season which is just around the corner. Yesterday it was in the high 60's and I walked the dogs coat-less. Dave is golfing again today, and I might have to drop by the garden center and buy some dirt. Never got my tulips and daffodils bulbs into the ground, but they have been chilling in the garage and I have a big empty planter ready to fill with them. Won't that be nice to have a bunch of flowers popping up in a few weeks?

4 comments:

  1. Love the fan, light fixture and the pops of red! In NE Ohio it is only 26 degrees so I am jealous of your 60 degrees! Warmer weather is not happening here for awhile, but I want to grow some spinach and endive this year. They are both cool weather crops so I may be getting out in the yard a bit sooner this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my husband with the spray paint, he'll say 'here, let me show you" and you never get the can back! Which is fine because he is a great painter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all, especially your use of your "runners" and the quilt over the buffet table. Wow! Classy! But could you please tell us how to find that light fixture? I have the hardest time finding quality contemporary light fixtures. Keep the warmth coming. We need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you new rugs and all the pretty painted furniture in your house!

    ReplyDelete