Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Making Adjustments

 
Here's the new version of the jacket I was making for a reader who changed her mind about taking it. It was designed for a much taller person and the sleeves were super long and wide, so I unknit them and now they are the right length for the body of the jacket. I also made a different collar, with a ribbed undercollar and then a nicer garter knit foldover top collar. I also changed the button from a metal one to an abalone shell button.


 The cuff is also different, since I decreased 7 stitches to make it fit better when I began the ribbing. Here's the size numbers:

The yarns are Malabrigo Rios 100% Merino, and Noro Silk Garden, 45% Mohair, 45% Silk, 10% Wool. It fits me perfectly, but as you know I have too many knits. I am 5'4 1/2", with 38-40" bust.

Now available for $130 plus shipping. Email me. SOLD

1 comment: