Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Cookie Baking Day

Yes, Chumley, there are cookies in the house.
Sorry they are not for doggies.
Last time I had a cookie day I neglected to check my ingredient list before I got all involved and discovered later that I was dangerously low on flour and brown sugar. I baked what I could with what I had and substituted stuff when necessary. The pantry was restocked and so this baking marathon could begin.

O Christmas treats, how faire thou art.
 I decided to double the recipe for Lime Cheesecake Bars. These are just as decadent and yummy as a giant cheesecake, without the 32 oz of cream cheese usually required.
Here's the recipe:
Lime Cheesecake Bars
1 c. chopped walnuts
2/3 c. brown sugar
2 c. flour
1 c. butter
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, at room temp.
Juice and zest of one lime or lemon or orange or tangerine
1/2 c. sugar
4 tbsp. milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix brown sugar, flour and walnuts together. With pastry blender or in mixer incorporate butter to form a crumbly mixture. Reserve 1 cup of mixture for crumbs on top. Put rest of mixture in a  9x13"pan and gently pat it down. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. While crust is baking, beat cream cheese, lime zest and sugar until smooth. Add lime juice, milk, eggs, vanilla and pour over baked crust. Sprinkle the 1 cup of crumb mixture over top and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool. Cut into squares while warm. Refrigerate for best flavor.



3 comments:

  1. yummo! i am dreaming of trying your lime cc bars without actually eating
    them all before delivery to my next holiday events!
    I am wishing you and yours a blessed holiday filled with love.
    sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Thanks, they look so good! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the recipe! I have most of the stuff in the fridge right now to make these except the walnuts and the lime although I do have lemons. I am almost out of powdered sugar so I will put walnuts and limes on the shopping list as I want to make some margaritas anyway.

    ReplyDelete